Scope of the Course
The Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) at KCLAS is a three-year undergraduate course that aims to impart thorough subject knowledge spanning theory, principles, methods and procedures in the field of commerce and accounting. The main objective of this track is to prepare students to take up challenging and rewarding career options in commerce and its allied fields such as accountancy, taxation, finance and related disciplines of management studies as well as a wide variety of other fields such as academics and public policy. After graduation, a plethora of career options abound for BCom students both nationally and internationally. More recently, emerging fields of application such as data science have also been incorporated into the course work.
Who can study BCom?
Students who have completed their higher secondary education in any of the recognized streams such as state boards, CBSE, ICSE, and international baccalaureate can join BCom programme. The main focus of this track will be to equip students with a broad-based understanding of the discipline and prepare them to pursue careers in commerce, finance, and accounting as well as higher studies in related disciplines.
Benefits of B.Com
At KCLAS, the mode of course delivery is through Edge and Edge+ design that provide a wide array of choices for students, that are compatible with their aptitude and flexible for customization. As a result, students experience their three years of undergraduate education in alignment with their pace of learning and academic goals. In order to deliver the pedagogy, the School of Commerce has partnered with reputed national and international educational institutions to share expertise in a wide-ranging manner. These additional training modules include
- Certificate courses in MS Office, Advance Excel, Digital Marketing, Digital Banking, Tally, GST, Capital Markets
- Diploma courses in IFRS, Design Thinking, Data Analysis
- Study Visits to BSE, NSE, RBI, WTC
- Expert conversations and guest seminars every semester
- Workshops in Financial Planning, Advertising, Ethical Marketing, Research Report Writing
- Internships in prestigious auditing firms
- Professional Mentoring and on-the-job training
- International summer school
The Kumaraguru group of institutions take great pride in a strong network of alumni who have successfully navigated the world of work and professional standing, often adorning the mantle of leadership. For a BCom student, options galore after graduation that include but is not limited to
- Career in Banking, Stock markets, Insurance, Mutual funds
- Tax advisory services
- Professional and Financial consultancy
- Careers in public, private and multinational organizations
- Civil services examination and public policy
- Higher Education in prestigious institutions nationally and internationally