MA IN POLITICAL SCIENCE
The program is a professionally competitive, socially relevant and intellectually stimulating course. It aims at applying the knowledge of political science and skills for understanding human behaviour and political environment. The extensive course work aids at providing in-depth understanding of both normative concepts in philosophy and real-world politics. The students will be comprehensively introduced to diverse areas of Political Science viz, international relations, geopolitics, public policy, social justice etc. The program also strives to inculcate leadership qualities within the students and build them as proficient problem-solvers. It Nurtures the students with an inclusive attitude and making them to evolve as socially responsible citizens stands as a major focal point of this program.
It throws wide array of opportunities to become Administrators, Political Risk Analysts, Pollsters, Diplomats, Ambassadors, Political Campaign Managers, Politicians, New Age Media Managers, Political journalists, Academicians, Researchers etc.
MA will be awarded from Bharathiar University
2 years with 4 semesters
Any degree with 55% of Marks
Integrated Study Programme
Kumaraguru Civil Service Academy for UPSC
1. A LEADER’S JOURNEY– This pathway aims at introducing the students to the political process in India thus propelling their journey to be future representatives and leaders of the public. This is also beneficial for those aiming to have a clear understanding of the Indian political system and an experiential learning in the same. The highlights of the pathway include
- Study visits to Parliament, State Legislative Assemblies, Union Territories, District Autonomous Councils,
- Interactions with CMs, Ministers, MPs, MLAs, judicial members, media, corporatesetc.
- Local field visits to Gram Panchayats, Zila Parishads, Municipalities and Municipal Corporations, Cooperatives and NGOs,
- Tours related to constituency management,
- Leadership and Personality Development Courses
- Visit to MIT School of Government, Indian Institute of Democratic Leadership
- Constituency based internship, issue-based internship, internship with media, internship with offices of political parties.
- Sessions on oratory and media skills
- Training on budget preparation and planning
2. EN-ROUTE TO A RESEARCHER/ ANALYST– The pathway is designed to engage students in the practical issues of political delivery and real politik. The areas of political communication, political leadership, strategy, crisis management, political branding, and public relations are all the leading vocational aspects of a developed academic understanding of politics at both domestic and geo-political level. All political ideas ultimately depend on them being communicated to an intended audience, with precision, efficiency and above all credibility. The highlights of the pathway include:
- Introduction to and experiential learning in career options in the areas of political analysis, psephology (as pollsters), political consulting and communications, campaign committees and election management firms like the Indian Political Action Committee (I-PAC) and think tanks like COVINTS and ORF.
- The program combines problem solving, structural analysis, project development and management with a comprehensive theoretical and critical examination of the political, cultural, legal, and socio-economic practices that make up our increasingly complex political process.
- There will be courses provided on political risk analysis, political management and election campaign management utilizing media, research, data mining, data analysis, psephology
- The critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to analyze the viability of a public-value model will be enhanced
- Students shall not only develop quantitative and qualitative analytical skills but also receive exposure to the real-world political processes and development which shall enhance their research skills.
- Progression to Phd degree
3. ASPIRING BUREAUCRATS– The pathway is exclusively designed for those aspiring to be in the administrative services at central and state level. The highlights of the pathway include:
- The Kumaraguru Civil Services Academy caters to the needs of UPSC, TNPSC, SSC, IBPS, CDS, CABF, RRB, and RBI Grade B aspirants.
- Regular interaction with civil servants, diplomats, foreign policy experts and policy makers.
- Comprehensive study material with regular mock tests and training will be imparted.