Scope of the Course
The Bachelor of Commerce Professional Accounting (BCom PA) at KCLAS is a three-year undergraduate course that aims to impart thorough subject knowledge spanning theory, principles, methods and procedures in the field of Commerce and Accounting. The main objective of this track is to prepare students to take up challenging and rewarding professional career options in Commerce and its allied fields such as Accountancy, Taxation, Finance and related disciplines of Management studies. The types of professional accreditation open to B.Com. PA students include Chartered Accountancy (CA), Cost Accountancy (ICWA), Company Secretaryship (CS), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Management Analyst (CMA) and other types of professional career streams both nationally and internationally. More recently, emerging fields of application such as data science have also been incorporated into the course work.
Who can study BCom PA?
Students who have completed their higher secondary education in any of the recognized streams such as state boards, CBSE, ICSE, and International Baccalaureate can join B.Com. PA. The focus of this course is to prepare and facilitate students in pursuing professional accreditation exams in addition to the undergraduate degree.
Benefits of B.Com. PA
At KCLAS, the mode of course delivery is through Edge and Edge+ design that provide a wide array of choices for students, that are compatible with their aptitude and flexible for customization. As a result, students experience their three years of undergraduate education in alignment with their pace of learning and academic goals. In order to deliver the pedagogy, the School of Commerce has partnered with reputed national and international educational institutions to share expertise in a wide-ranging manner. These additional training modules include.
- CA training
- Certificate courses in MS Office, Advance Excel, Digital Marketing, Digital Banking, Tally, GST, Capital Markets
- Diploma courses in IFRS, Design Thinking, Data Analysis
- Study Visits to BSE, NSE, RBI, WTC
- Expert conversations and guest seminars every semester
- Workshops in Financial Planning, Advertising, Ethical Marketing, Research Report Writing
- Internships in prestigious auditing firms
- Professional Mentoring and on-the-job training
- International summer school
The Kumaraguru group of institutions take great pride in a strong network of alumni who have successfully navigated the world of work and professional standing, often adorning the mantle of leadership. For a BCom PA student, options galore after graduation that include but is not limited to
- Chartered Accountancy, Cost Accountancy
- Financial and Management Analyst
- Company Secretaryship
- Career in Banking, Stock markets, Insurance, Mutual funds
- Tax advisory services
- Professional and Financial consultancy
- Careers in public, private and multinational organizations
- Civil services examination and public policy
- Higher Education in prestigious institutions nationally and internationally