Psychology is a part of personal, professional, and social life of everyone. The field explores human behaviour and mental process scientifically. Psychological principles are used in Mental Health, Interpersonal Relationship, Academia, Business, Sports, Media, Military, Social Work, Culture etc., to ensure improvement and productivity.
School of Psychology at KCLAS is in the making of impactful Psychologists who would build a future congenial society. Meticulous theoretical approach along with hands-on training, helps learners to identify patterns in one’s thoughts, behaviors and predictions based on evidence.
To have broad career choices, Psychology programme includes courses which focuses on Fundamentals of Psychology, Biological Process of Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Health Psychology and Social Psychology.
Action / Real-time research method is used in the teaching-learning process to ensure practical understanding and facilitates critical thinking. Research opportunity is provided to identify and develop qualities required for a meaningful psychologist. Wide range of research areas being focused are
- Personality factors and influences
- Clinical Diagnosis and Mental Disorders
- Parenting styles in nurturing future of children
- Sports: Athletes & Fan behaviour
- Psychological toughness in Military
- Mental Well-being in Aviation Industry
- Virtual Organizations & Psychological Contract
- Online education & Paradigm Shift in Academia
- Innovative Work Behaviour & Organizational Climate
- Cognitive, Emotive Behavioural Regulations during pandemic
Blend of Faculty with rich experience from Academia, Research and Industry make the department vibrant and efficient. Psychological Laboratory, Dedicated Counselling Cell, Industry Expert conversations, Certificate & Diploma Programs, Internships, Immersion programs, Case discussions, collaborations with Mental Health Organizations, Focused Group Discussions, Mental Gym, Interdisciplinary activities are some of the features used to improve competency and confidence of the students to ensure holistic development.