- Create a tacit understanding of Design Thinking as a concept.
- Gain hands-on exposure in the application of tools and techniques associated with Design Thinking.
- Develop the skill sets and sensibilities associated with Design Thinking such as insight finding, creative confidence, integrative thinking, empathy and experimentalism.
- Acquire a fundamental understanding of the underlying precepts behind Design Thinking.
- Learn to navigate through the five modes of the Design Thinking methodology, namely, Discover, Define, Ideate, Prototype, Test, applying respective tools and techniques for each mode.
- Gain the ability to plan, execute and manage Design Thinking in their respective contexts and situations be it product innovation, service design, or business strategy.
Theory 1 Design Thinking – Tools, Techniques, Methods.
Practical 1 Design Thinking – The Problem Space
Practical 2 Design Thinking – The Solution Space
Practical 3 Design Thinking for Service Design
Sudhakar Doraisamy is the lead trainer of the Diploma Program. He was passionately involved few years as a Principal Designer and then as a Delivery Head of Design, at Infosys Technologies. The Design Group at Infosys was, and continues to be, the largest cohesive design studio in India and an established brand amongst Infosys’ global clientele with many internationally recognized accolades. His career has been multi-faceted across both roles and domains. Roles have spanned managerial, entrepreneurial, consulting and academic roles; Domains include, industrial machinery, paper manufacture, microbiology, software development, interaction design, product innovation and academics. He has been in teaching for the past six years a re-consolidating journey about technology and its affordances.
Eligibility for Admission
Practicing professionals, any degree holder interested in topic or students pursuing higher education.
The Format of the Diploma in Design Thinking has been designed for busy professionals. The course consists of 4 core courses and a range of assessment activities. The 4 core courses run over six months in weekends. Some topics in the courses are delivered as intensive workshop and taught in blocks. The courses are facilitated by practioners.